India’s Largest Gadget Retailer reduced Potential loss up to USD 50 Million by Optimizing stock
About the Customer
Industry: Gadget Retailer
Company Description: The customer is India’s Largest Gadget Retailer with more than 400 retail stores spread across the contury.
- Manual optimization of stock across the retail stores led to a potential loss of USD 55 million per annum.
- The Unavailability of real-time data systems led to delay in retail invetory & storage planning leading to longer lead times, longer replenishment cycles and shortage of safety stock.
- Inability to review real-time stock-take analysis and evaluate the value of inventory sitting on ware houses floors.
Business Use Case:
- Monitor inventory levels in warehouses versus trends for revenue across sales channels, review short-term cash requirements for upcoming stock re-order programs, & analyze key vendors, & look for procurement discounting opportunities.
- Sales Predictions of various retail stores to ensure on-time fulfilment of fast-moving SKUs.
- Creating demand-supply forecast-based inventory snapshots.
- Analysing buying patterns of customers to optimize sales quantities & inventory allocation across the retail stores.
Existing BI Architecture
- The recommendation engine for procurement and inventory, generates triggers based on stock availability thus reducing out-of-stock items.
- Integration of multiple data sources avoids data discrepancy to have a single source of truth.
- Automation of the procurement process has eliminated the need for manual intervention.
- Data democratization at store manager level helps make quicker supply chain and logistics decisions.